Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] One NIC on public side

Date: Thu, 13 May 2010 11:52:07 -0500
> Are you sure you want tu run all traffic through a hub? This might lead to
> packetloss due to colissions.

It's a temporary setup so that we can get a number of services going right.
So far, we don't see any packet loss or terrible quality loss and we're even passing voip calls through the setup.
We were using a switch with port monitoring but because we had multiple devices which needed to monitor the traffic, we ended up using a hub for now.

The setup I'm talking about is...

WAN-Routers----Hub----Firewall----switches----etc

The wireshark and other monitoring systems are connected to the Hub.