Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Plugging decoder scripts into Wireshark

From: Jaap Keuter <jaap.keuter@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 May 2010 23:10:51 +0200
Hi,

Wireshark is made to be very extensible. Natively its dissectors are written in C, but LUA and, in the development version, Python support is build in as well.
This allows you to dissect the protocol data found in the captured frames.
Dissectors written in C can be added as plugins to a Wireshark installation, LUA and Python scripts are added through configuration files.

Have a look at the documentation provided through the Wireshark webpage.

Thanks,
Jaap