Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] RST flag at end of TCP transmission

From: Chad Dailey <wireshark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 3 May 2010 12:07:46 -0500
From another mailing list with an almost identical problem...

http://ckdake.com/content/2008/disable-gateway-smart-packet-detection.html showed a feature of "Gateway Smart Packet Detection" in some SMC cable modems.  You can get into the SMC device yourself by going to the http://10.1.10.1/login.asp link on the SMC.  The username/password are well known as cusadmin/highspeed.

The current solution is to identify the affected Comcast modem, and ask a Comcast engineer to turn that "IDS" feature off remotely.

Also, these other fixes have been mentioned:

Switching to a TCP tunnel from a UDP tunnel
Running the cable modem in bridge-only mode