Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] RST flag at end of TCP transmission

From: sandeep nitta <sandeep.nitta@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 3 May 2010 07:58:24 +0530
 AFAIK, after RST, the connection need not start all over again.

the RST might also be a reason if there are any malformed packets in
the tcp stream.

OR

there the sender has already closed the port on whcih the connection
was open some time back and hence the RST.

OR

the host has simply run out of resources.

i dont find a definite answer to your questions, but these might be
the possible reasons.
if you can attach the trace file, people can look at that and probably
analyze more.

Thanks,
Sadeep Nitta