Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] Unable to capture wireless traffic

From: Cae Sium <caesium5@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2010 18:19:56 +0800
Frank,

I am able to capture the EAPOL only if I start wireshark first,
then I start the desktop's (the computer that I wanted to monitor)
connection to my router.

if the desktop is already connection then I start wireshark,
all I'll get is the IEEE802.11 , LLC protocol etc, no eapol or tcp
traffic captured at all.

anway, am I right to say that to get eapol is for the wpa-psk,
which I have since I have access to the router's config?

From: Frank Barta <fbarta@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2010 20:47:53 -0400

Cae, Are you capturing the EAPOL keys for the 4-way handshake?