Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Unable to capture wireless traffic

From: Frank Barta <fbarta@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2010 20:47:53 -0400
Cae, Are you capturing the EAPOL keys for the 4-way handshake?

Also, Steve, wireshark is capable of decrypting WPA2-CCMP traffic. The example PCAP file provided at http://wiki.wireshark.org/HowToDecrypt802.11 has an example which shows decryption of CCMP data frames. There are frames present which can not be decrypted however, and these appear from a quick glance to be frames which were sent using WPA-TKIP, since this BSS is running Mixed Mode. I'm not sure if Wireshark supports mixed mode decryption.