Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] Unable to capture wireless traffic

From: Cae Sium <caesium5@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2010 08:01:50 +0800
Sorry to re-post as I've accidentally used my friend's email to post earlier.

Using Debian and trying to learn wireshark and have been
trying/reading for weeks without success.

Using Netbook and Desktop connected to the same router with wpa2.

Wireshark on netbook works when monitoring its own traffic (of course).

Netbook installed with wireshark and desktop set downloading a large
file to ensure traffic is there. However, wireshark does not picks up
TCP protocol , it only reports IEEE802.11 under the protocol column.

What have I done wrong?

Appreciate any help.