Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] from the past

From: M K <gedropi@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 13:29:55 -0800
Closer to #2.  The etherXXXX file is only created when I start a WS
capture.  It is apparent to me now that this tmp file is pretty
identical to the capture inside WS.  OK.  But, I guess this exercise
still brings home the problem of who is (off and on) pulling my
password information, from where and where is it going?  I know this
isn't a WS problem.  WS was only doing its job.

About the transfer of authentication data, why isn't it encrypted?
What can I do to make this happen?

It doesn't do a lick of good to harden your computer if your
authentication data is all over the place in clear text.

Thanks