Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] RSL over LAPD over UDP not parsed

From: Jaap Keuter <jaap.keuter@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 21:15:43 +0100
Hi,

LAPD is currently only supported when embedded in RTP. You can configure the LAPD dissector for the dynamic payload type used in the RTP packets (but you probably already knew that).

If you want to modify Wireshark in this regard, dig into the proto_reg_handoff_lapd() function in packet-lapd.c

Thanks,
Jaap

Christian de Waal wrote:
Dear all,

I have some tcpdump traces where I am very sure that the protocol stack used is RSL over LAPD over UDP. However, the RSL over LAPD part is not parsed by Wireshark, but only displayed as hex data. I have tried to find some configuration possibility to manually assign LAPD to the non standard UDP port number which is used in this case, but I failed.

Therefore my question, can I somehow configure Wireshark to parse LAPD and RSL inside the UDP packets? If this is not possible configuration-wise, could someone point me to the places in the source code where I would have to make changes to �hard code� this protocol stack into a special Wireshark version which I could use specifically for these traces only?

Thanks a lot in advance for your help!

BR,

Christian de Waal