Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] from the past

From: Graham Bloice <graham.bloice@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 17:48:49 +0000
On 24/03/2010 17:07, M K wrote:
No.  There is no POP on this machine.  This is not related to email.
But as far as protocols go...
Logging onto Windows should be just local.  Right?
Logging onto ISP should be PPP PAP protocol; then TCP/UDP.  Right?
Then proxy logon; then  using SSL.

Another issue is that sometimes these are being captured; sometimes
not.  I am not sure what causes that info to be retained.  By its very
nature, since tmp files are temporary, that file disappears.

My question still is what program is causing this retention.  Is this
unencrypted data being transferred?

Well can you determine from the tmp capture file (load it into Wireshark) what protocol is carrying your username and password?  Knowing that may help you determine what is causing the issue.

--
Regards,

Graham Bloice