Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Link error on the Wireshark website

From: Gerald Combs <gerald@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 09:50:23 -0700
Munther Hammouri wrote:
Hello,

It seems that there is a link error on the fedoraproject.org <http://fedoraproject.org> website. I was trying to download the Red Hat / Fedora Standard package. I clicked on the link to it and I was then moved to a page that had the following message:

Fedora Package Database -- Invalid PackageBuild Name

The package build you were linked to (name) does not appear in the Package Database. If you received this error from a link on the fedoraproject.org <http://fedoraproject.org> website, please report it.

Could you please fix this problem or tell me how I can get a Wireshark version that would work on Fedora OS.

According to

http://www.fedoraguide.info/index.php?title=Main_Page#How_to_install_network_traffic_analyzer_.28Wireshark.29

you should run "su -c 'yum install wireshark wireshark-gnome'". The link on the download page should be fixed.