Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] Using LTE-MAC over UDP heuristic

From: Raju Udava <raju.us@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 21:06:06 +0900
Hi,

This is what I tried out, but wasnt able to see MAC parsed information:

a) Enabled mac-lte protocol option in "Enabled Protocols"
b) Enabled "Try heuristic sub-dissectors first" option for UDP
c) Created a .out file using text2pcap, with dummy UDP header.
d) UDP paylaod was started with "mac-lte" tag followed by information as specified in packet-mac-lte.h

When I opened the output file on wireshark, I couldn't see MAC protocol information & packet was still being displayed as UDP.
Please let me know if I need to use any specific UDP ports? or If I am missing out to enable any option?
If anyone has sample catapult 2000 file for MAC-LTE, please post.

===

input.txt
000000 6d 61 63 2d 6c 74 65 01 00 03 01 21 02 1f 00 10 00 00 00 00

text2pcap.exe -u 99,99 input.txt output.txt

Opened output.txt in wireshark. It was showing just as a normal packet.

===

Thanks in advance.

--
Regards,