Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Upgraded wireshark to 1.2.6 but now old pcapfiles cannot b

From: Jose Pedro Oliveira <jpo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 05:10:45 +0000
On 2010-03-24 02:45, Kok-Yong Tan wrote:

> Any recommendations?  Can I build the version of libz that predates
> this wholesale replacement of gz* functions?  Do you know which one
> that was?

I had exactly the same problem you described using Wireshark from
MacPorts (and I've built both versions available: 1.2.6 and 1.3.3).

While I haven't figured out what the problem was, I uninstalled them
and started using the Wireshark MacOSX pre-built binaries instead.
They are available for download here:

   http://www.wireshark.org/download/osx/

Note: I'm currently using the 1.3.3 build.

Regards,
jpo
--
Jos� Pedro Oliveira