Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] jitter calculation example on wireshark wiki

From: capricorn 80 <cool_capricorn80@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2010 15:27:21 +0000

 Hi lars!

 Thanks for your reply.

 If i run this at centralized place i.e Astersik pbx: will it give some additional information. I mean its hard to get end to end jitter but if i run it on centralized server than i can have both sides RTP.so is it possible using wireshark to just tell wire shark to calculate the jitter of both sides.

  Well right now i am doing is like this that I am running wireshark on both sides so i have RTP of A ---> B and  B ---> A. Can I by any mean calculate end to end jitter/delay ?

  Can you explaing this line -> network jitter is symmetric ?

 Regards,