Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] How calculate dealy VoIP communication

From: "RUOFF, LARS (LARS)** CTR **" <lars.ruoff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2010 11:29:36 +0100
You can't get it directly.
Unless you have a capture on both ends and synchronised clocks for both captures. You may then compare send and receive times.

But there's another way:
Actually, most of the time, RTP endpoints do measure the round-trip delay while in conversation and exchange that information via RTCP.
So you can watch for RTCP packets in your captures and extract the info from there.
See RFC 3550.

Regards,
Lars Ruoff