Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Wireshark in Network - Windows/Linux

From: Hobbe <my1listmail@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2010 19:08:25 +0100
Well IF and i say IF the problem you are having is that people are sniffing it is actually quite easy to come around that by simply  makeing the client sit on a L3 (routed) net with that client and the router beeing the only ones at that network.
That will make all passive sniffing imposible.

To sniff on such a network you would have to have control over the network infrastructure and well if they have that then it is game over anyway.

The sniffing is not a big problem in most environments.

HTH

Hobbe