Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] [truncated] packets

From: andrew Wilson <a.wilson82@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2010 22:21:52 -0700
I was recently reviewing a .pcap dump and I noticed that packet payloads with especially long lines are truncated.  I reviewed the same dump from tcpick, but since some of the content is gzip compressed I am somewhat stuck in how I can get the truncated bits back from the dump.

I was looking for ideas how I can get this content out?  Is there a way to change the settings to not truncate or increase the size somehow?

If this is a duplicate question / problem I am sorry, I tried to review the archives but couldn't find anything that seemed current / relevant.

Thanks in advance,
Andrew

--
When I wrote this, only God and I understood what I was doing.  Now, God only knows - Karl Weierstrass