Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Capturing up 64K byte frame on a VM guest

From: Martin Visser <martinvisser99@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2010 12:13:26 +1100
One other thing in regard to this is that the received TCP MSS (max. segment size) from the client, by the server is 1420 bytes. So when viewing the .cap file it looks like it is breaking the TCP protocol (by send larger than MSS segments).

I'm surprised this anomaly doesn't seem to been noted by anyone before (using my Google brain).

Regards, Martin

MartinVisser99@xxxxxxxxx