Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Bug reporting howto?

From: Gerald Combs <gerald@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2010 16:34:54 -0800
Guy Harris wrote:
> On Mar 11, 2010, at 2:56 PM, Chad Dailey wrote:
>
>> My bad again.  Proxy does not enter into this for the Bugzilla links.  Here are some broken links:
>>
>> https://bugs.wireshark.org/bugzilla/docs/html/bugreports.html
>
> That link isn't broken for me - it's just the links to "landfill.bugzilla.org" that are broken there:
>
>> http://landfill.bugzilla.org/bugzilla-2.22-branch/page.cgi?id=bug-writing.html  (404 not found)
>> http://landfill.bugzilla.org/bugzilla-2.22-branch/  (404 not found)
>> http://landfill.bugzilla.org/bugzilla-2.22-branch/enter_bug.cgi  (404 not found)
>>
>> There are more on other 'bug' pages.
>
> The page in question is from the Bugzilla documentation; Gerald, is that just an out-of-date version of the Bugzilla documentation?

Landfill.bugzilla.org is Bugzilla's test/development server. It's the
URL used in the default documentation. To add to the confusion at some
point the HTML documentation was dropped from CVS updates, so the
documentation was old as well.

Trying to rebuild the documentation locally resulted in a package
dependency explosion so I've pointed the documentation URL to the
release documentation at bugzilla.org. The links still point to
"landfill" but they should at least work.

--
Join us for Sharkfest ’10! · Wireshark® Developer and User Conference
Stanford University, June 14-17 · http://www.cacetech.com/sharkfest.10/