Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Bandwidth calculation

From: "Anders Broman" <a.broman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2010 19:36:37 +0100

Hi,

The required bandwidth depends on the picture size and the frame rate.

See ITU H.263. If you have the SDP information setting up the video call there should be some information there

In respect to level , bit rate etc. Picture size may be indicated SQCIF QSIF CIF or inferred from the level.

The RTP Analysis is designed with voice in mind, time stamps and marker bit is used differently in

Voice and video I think. For video the marker bit is set for the last packet belonging to the same

Picture and the timestamp will be the same for all packets making up one picture (if memory serves).

Regards

Anders