Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] Bandwidth calculation

From: Salvatore Frandina <salvatore.frandina@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2010 18:01:28 +0100
Hi,

I'm using Wireshark to calculate the bandwidth of SIP based videoconference. I use Wireshark 1.2.6 rev 31702 on Windows vista 32 bit sp2 with eyebeam, pangolin and ekiga softphone. I use h263p video codec.
I have the problem with RTP statistics. Telephony->RTP->Show all streams->analyze->save as CSV.

I have noticed very strange behavior of bandwidth: the h263p codec with ekiga and pangolin requires about 100 kbit/s while with eyebeam about 300 kbit/s. Eyebeam has a little screen respect of ekiga or pangolin.

In the CSV file in eighth column (status) there are a lot of "incorrect timestamp". Could it be the cause of problem?

Sorry for my poor english

Thank

--
Salvatore Frandina