Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] use question

Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2010 14:34:04 -0800
hi...

I've got wireshark 1.0.8, and trying to figure out how to get it to work,
assuming it can do what I want to accomplish.

The app is running on machine A. I have a vmware image installed on machine
B. I'm trying to see if traffic is coming from the external user, via the
router at C, as the external user tries to access the website on the vmimage
which is at address D

So, i have
 	machine A	192.168.1.45 	(running wireshark)
	machine B	192.168.1.56	host, running the vmware image
	machine C	192.168.1.81	vmware image
	machine D	192.168.1.100	router

The router has port forwarding, pointing all 80/8080 traffic to the internal
vmware image.

I have the vmware image setup to run in bridge mode. This works, as I can
see/access the site from othe systems in the local network.

However, I can't determine if traffic is getting to the vmware image
(192.168.1.81) from the router. And something is screwed up, as the site
isn't displayed in a browser that's pointed to the router's IP... This does
work when I point to a server running a normal webserver/app...

So, I'm hoping to use wireshark to be able to see the traffic going from the
router, to the vmware/webserver.

i'm assuming wireshark can accomplish this, and if it can, how? Can someone
walk me through what I have to do, to check for http traffic goign from the
router, to the vmware/192.168.1.81 address.

Thanks for your time on this one!!

'ppreciate it.