Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] [TCP Window Update] & bytes_in_flight

From: Martin Andersson <hello.martin@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2010 01:40:15 +0100
On Tuesday 02 March 2010 01:19:42 am ronnie sahlberg wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 2, 2010 at 10:37 AM, Martin Andersson <hello.martin@xxxxxxxx>
> > Also can bytes_in_flight > Window size (at least it seems so in my
> > trace).
>
> No, not unless the TCP implementation is broken, or unless there is
> WindowScaling used and you didnt capture the initial SYN pacekts.

Maybe something is strange then (because I have the whole trace, including SYN
SYN/ACK).
It might be something with the TCP offloading I believe is in effect on the
machine, since I have this huge ftp packets, which I can only assume will
occur when tcp offloading is enabled. (ie I see large chunk of ftp-data with
no  tcp packets in between).