Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Names in display filter ip address specs

From: Jaap Keuter <jaap.keuter@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2010 23:37:46 +0100
Hallo,

Well, I just followed the reasoning of Chuck. I didn't dive into the actual workings of this feature. So, YMMV.

Thanks,
Jaap

j.snelders wrote:
Hoi Jaap,

I created a hosts file:
192.168.1.1 comp1
192.168.1.4 comp4

I can use filters like:
eth.addr eq comp4
eth.src == comp4

But what is wrong about these filters; they are invalid:
ip.addr eq comp4
ip.src == comp4

Version 1.3.3-SVN-31356 (SVN Rev 31356 from /trunk)

Bedankt
Joke

http://wiki.wireshark.org/Preferences/NameResolution
http://www.wireshark.org/docs/wsug_html_chunked/ChAppFilesConfigurationSection.html