Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] questions regarding IEEE 802.15.4 decoding

From: Eduard GV <eduardgv@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2010 12:04:09 +0100
Hi,

Before opening the code, I would like some hints on the 802.15.4
decode process, based on the Exegin probe product.

First of all, is there a list of supported hardware (other than the Exegin)?

Anyone knows how this Exegin probe works? Does the probe send 802.15.4
frames in IP packets to the host running Wireshark, or does it send
15.4 frames with Ethernet headers added? In that case, does Wireshark
recognize a custom IP Protocol header (or a new EtherType)?

…does it send raw 15.4 frames (I don’t think so)?

Any hint is welcome!