Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] collision in the network card

From: Martin Visser <martinvisser99@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 16:37:39 +1100
Any LAN (and I mean Ethernet) network built in the last 10 years simply should not have collisions on it. Simply ensure all ports are configured with full-duplex and it is something you don't have to contemplate.

Any time today if I see collision counters on a switch or host interface today, I consider it a misconfiguration. (Even when the actual media might be half-duplex, for instance some forms of wireless networking, the physical interface to the hosts will (should!!)  always be full-duplex capable)

Regards, Martin

MartinVisser99@xxxxxxxxx