Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] W32.licum capture

From: "David H. Lipman" <DLipman@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 19:20:57 -0500
From: "Tal Bar-Or" <tbaror@xxxxxxxxx>

| Hello all,

| I looking for w32.licum virus capture or Win32.Small.gl ,
| Virus.Win32.Tenga.a , BackDoor-CTM , W32/Gael.worm.a , W32/Tenga-A ,
| PE_TENGA.A
| We have kind of emergency in our network and we need to trap  computer that
| don't have AV installed on it and trying to spread this virus.
| if someone know about filter or capture of those mention virus that would be
| helpful

| Thanks

http://www.symantec.com/security_response/writeup.jsp?docid=2005-071316-2523-99
Discovered: July 13, 2005
Updated: February 13, 2007 12:42:09 PM

What do you have ?
How do you know you have this ?

This is old and should have been prevented.

Why do you not have anti virus installed ?

Wireshark isn't really going to help you.  You need to really examine EVERY SINGLE node
and make sure a managed anti virus product is properly installed.

--
Dave