Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] Decoding problem

From: Salman Malik <salmanmk@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 17:43:53 +0000
I've got a pcap file and I am trying to copya packet from one file to another (new and empty) pcap file using pcap_next_ex (to read) and pcap_dump(to write). But when I open the new file, it shows me" Raw packet data" and is perhaps unable to decode the packet. I've compared the hex stream of the copied packet and its correctly copied. So what could be wrong ?