Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] performance analysis with wireshark

From: Jeff Morriss <jeff.morriss.ws@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 12:02:48 -0500
Mag Gam wrote:
I am begun using wireshark and I am very impressed with it. Currently
we use NFS for many of our storage needs. I would like to know if
there are any tips or tricks people do with wireshark for performance
analysis: I would like to figure out how small, large  file reads
perform on the network. And how NFS compares to other filesystems such
as Samba or GPFS in a similar situation. I think this is broad
question but would like some insight from experts.

Ronnie Sahlberg's presentation available here:

http://www.snia.org/events/storage-developer2008/presentations#cif_smb_smb2

is probably a good starting point (it's focused on CIFS not NFS, but it shows how Wireshark can be used to do this stuff).