Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] I think this is outrageous, but am i wrong?

From: "Ryan Zuidema" <ryan.zuidema@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2010 15:44:46 -0700

I do not agree that half duplex will prevent T-1 overrun. Half duplex can only introduce additional delay/loss over the link. With the collisions associated with half duplex you will have a lot more garbage going across your T-1 (retransmits etc…). Also you’ll have delays as the computers back off during the retransmission process. Half duplex has no positive effect in your situation, and could be contributing to the issues your having.

I strongly recommend switching it over to Full duplex. It’s probably a negotiation issue. During your next outage window force it to Full duplex and test it out.

That said, you probably have other issues in play here; it is quite easy to overuse a T-1.

-Ryan