Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] I think this is outrageous, but am i wrong?

From: jack craig <jcraig@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2010 09:53:24 -0800
but should we not at least have full duplex enabled?

Thx for your time to reply,  jackc...

On 02/17/2010 09:49 AM, Bill Meier wrote:
jack craig wrote:

Hi Wireshark Folks,

The below query is not Wireshark specific, just a basic networking topic.
Pls hit delete if you dont care to read more.

I pose this query to this forum just because the collection of talent
here should vindicate or refute my own sanity.

pls consider this network topology?

a site has a T1 to the cloud. following that T1 into the domain, we
first encounter the T1 router,
then on to a firewall, and arriving finally at a 10/100 Mbps switch
where its distributed to internal users.

our access to the cloud has been degraded so we look for reasons why?

we find that the firewall is configured on both input/output sides to be
10 Mbps, half duplex.

AFAIK, upgrading the firewall interfaces to 100 Mpbs/FDx would increase
the throughput by 10 times (ideally)
and enable bidirectional traffic (as opposed to limiting to a single
direction at once).

am i missing something obvious here? is there any reason a 10 Mbps/HDx
link is better than 100Mbps/FDx ??

tia, jackc...

T1 speed is on the order of 1.5 Mbits/sec .....