Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Specifying custom GLIB directory when building tshark

From: sudhakar govindavajhala <sudhakarg79spam@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2010 21:21:31 -0500
Bill and Jeff,

Thanks for your inputs.

Bill,

[I shall not cross post.]
PKG_CONFIG_PATH=$HOME/local/lib/pkgconfig ./configure   got me beyond configure, but I got stuck in make with include files.

I was able to get this to work using the link Jeff provided.  Thanks!

Regards,
Sudhakar

On Tue, Feb 16, 2010 at 10:05 AM, Jeff Morriss <jeff.morriss.ws@gmail.com> wrote:
sudhakar govindavajhala wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I am having problems building tshark (of wireshark-1.3.3 and
> wireshark-1.2.6).  This is because by default Centos 5.3 provides GLIB
> 1.2 only.

Erm, CentOS 5.3 only provides glib 1.2?  I'm quite certain that's not
the case: here's the URL of a x86_64 version:

http://mirror.rackspace.com/CentOS/5/os/x86_64/CentOS/glib2-devel-2.12.3-4.el5_3.1.x86_64.rpm

> I downloaded and compiled a newer version of GLIB.  How do I tell
> ./configure for tshark to look in the new directory for glib?

./configure --with-glib=/path/to/your/other/glib

should do it.