Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] malformed packet (exception occurred)

From: Jaap Keuter <jaap.keuter@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2010 23:12:26 +0100
Hi,

Welcome to the club.

First of all it's called Wireshark, so please no camelcase.

It might be that your packet capture contains unexpected contents, as far as the dissector is concerned. Wireshark is built to contain such errors as good as possible.

First of all make sure you've got the latest stable release (1.2.6 now) and see how far the dissection goes.
Then verify the packet content adheres the protocol specification. Furthermore the dissector may be lacking, which you may see when inspecting the code you can view/download from the Wireshark website.

Finally you can send a small capture to the list for others to have a look at.

Thanks,
Jaap

Send from my iPhone