Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] Tracking SMTP traffic with Wireshark

From: Chuck Sutherland <csutherland@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 2010 09:11:02 -0500
Greetings everyone,

I am looking for help determining how some SMTP port 25 traffic that is entering my network. The Cisco ASA is setup to allow only port 25 traffic from Postini yet I see 25 traffic on the network coming in.

Could this bee NDR type traffic and if so how can I tell by looking at the data stream?

I am a OJT Network person so full grace required ;)

Thanks!!

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  This email message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information.  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.