Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] Frame Numbers on Concatenated Frames

From: Wes <wes_r@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 30 Jan 2010 10:52:05 -0800 (PST)
Hi,

Is there a way to set Wireshark to not count the broken out frames from a Docsis concatenated frame? Just to try to be more clear, I see a Concatenated Frame #1 which contains two concatenated packets. Then Wireshark shows those 2 packets with frame numbers #2 and #3. Hope this makes sense.

I would rather the have the same frame number as the main concatenated frame, but not displaying them (and not counting them) is another option.

The reason I ask, is I am looking a very large capture in two different tools and the frame numbers don't match due to this. The other tool keeps the same frame number, but adds a .xxx for the broken out frames.

It's not a big deal since I can use the time field to find the same frame in each tool, but it would be easier if the frame numbers matched.

Thanks,

Wes