Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Timestamp Skew

From: "Michael Glenn" <MGlenn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2010 13:07:36 -0500
Is it just the sniffer, or is the server itself also drifting?

>>> Lee Riemer <lriemer@xxxxxxxxxxxx> 01/14/2010 12:54 >>>
I wanted to post here before clogging the bug tracker.

I'm running 1.2.2-22910 on a Windows Server 2003 box dedicated to
sniffing.  I have captures running for weeks using dumpcap as well as
some in the GUI.  My reason for posting is that the timestamps have
skewed in to the future.  Right now I can send a packet to update my
capture and notice about a 4 minute difference between the time on the
box and the timestamp wireshark displays.  This does carry over to other
systems when I open the files there.

Anyone heard of this.  I think the best way to reproduce is to leave a
capture running for a day or so.

Thanks,
Lee