Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Capture ss7 trace by Wireshark//Create custom columns

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2010 13:05:34 -0800
On Jan 13, 2010, at 9:11 AM, ahmed midany wrote:

> Regarding the SS7oTDM Wireshark Capture setup, please see the reply from Utelsystems:
> Unfortunately, we are no longer supporting WinPcap and Ethereal/Wireshark.
> So, if you would like to use our E1/T1 PCMCIA card (or ExpressCard for newer notebook computers) for SS7 monitoring, you will also need our STINGA SS7 Monitor application.

The Wiki page also mentions Endace Measurement Systems, who are a bit less hostile to Wireshark; they list on their Partners page:

	http://www.endace.com/endaces-partners.html

a company named CACE Technologies:

	http://www.cacetech.com/

for who Gerald Combs works.

Unfortunately, they don't have PC Card/ExpressCard versions of their TDM cards, just PCI versions:

	http://www.endace.com/dag-3.7t-datasheet.html
	http://www.endace.com/dag-3.7d-datasheet.html