Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] Capture ss7 trace by Wireshark//Create custom columns

From: ahmed midany <ahmedmidany@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2010 14:41:55 +0100
Dears,

I'm a new Wireshark user and i have some questions about the tool:
  • Is it possible to make wireshark capture SS7 trace on the A interface (E1)? i am not talking about A signalling over IP but normal TDM mode, maybe something like a converter from Eth-RJ45 (PC) to E1 (A-itf)!!don't know how it can be done?
  • How can i create a new custom column (Preferences/Columns/New/Custom)? i mean the format of this column for example i want to add a column to show the PCM/TS in the Assignment Request message in all the trace (like Tektronix K15 shortcut Shift+A)
I appreciate your help, thanks in advance.

BR,
--
Ahmed El -Midany