Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Capture options default values

From: "Macpherson, John CAR" <John.Macpherson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2010 16:06:37 -0500
Title: Re: [Wireshark-users] Capture options default values

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your response.  For the disable "Ring buffer with" item, I was referring to the fact that when you launch Wireshark, the ring buffer is turned on by default.  Ive set files to 10000 but was wondering if there was just a way to have it unchecked.

      ole0.bmp

John Macpherson

On Jan 8, 2010, at 1:39 PM, Macpherson, John CAR wrote:

> Is there any way to control the default values on startup (or via preferences) for the following capture options:

> ?     set the default "Capture Filter"

wireshark -f <capture filter>

> ?     enable "Use multiple files"

> ?     set "Next file every" value to 10

wireshark -b duration:10

> ?     disable "Ring buffer with"

I'm not sure what you're referring to here.  Could you elaborate?

You can find out above the options listed above by typing wireshark -h at a command prompt or the Unix man page (a copy of which is available on the web at http://www.wireshark.org/docs/man-pages/wireshark.html).

Steve