Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] wireless channel number output for tshark?

From: Stephen Fisher <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2010 14:32:24 -0700
On Jan 7, 2010, at 11:44 AM, George Nychis wrote:

> Is there any way to get tshark to output the wireless channel number by specifying the column format?  I can't find a list of possible options anywhere.

The column format id for COL_FREQ_CHAN is %F, so this is supposed to work AFAIK:

  tshark -o column.format:'"Channel", "%F"'

However, it's not working for me.  Could you try it and if it doesn't work for you either, let us know?

P.S. You can dig through this file from the source code to find the other codes if you can't find them elsewhere:

  http://anonsvn.wireshark.org/wireshark/trunk/epan/column.c

You have to cross-reference the descriptions (dlist[NUM_COL_FMTS]) and codes (slist[]) if the abbreviation isn't clear enough.

Steve