Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] [Fwd: question format libcap X wireshark

From: Jeff Morriss <jeff.morriss.ws@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2010 11:23:30 -0500
Zuleika Ferreira wrote:
hi,
help me please!

i am writing the program for to write the file .pcap and to read with
wireshark, but when I try to open the file apreset the message: The file
"C:\dev\API\features\ss7.vargas\K3L\zupcaplog.pcap" is a capture for a
network type that Wireshark doesn't support.
(pcap: network type 43 unknown or unsupported).

The program is simple, is a test, and i dont understand why is the
problem. I used for network the type WTAP_ENCAP_MTP3 because the write in
this protocol.

43 is WTAP_ENCAP_MTP3 which is NOT the same as the libpcap DLT value that must be put in the PCAP file.

You want to use the value 141.