Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] cursor to the point in packet detail view

From: Stephen Fisher <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 9 Jan 2010 13:02:01 -0700

On Jan 7, 2010, at 3:24 PM, Sudhir Kumar wrote:

when we do find packet for a particular string in packet detail, then how can we make sure cursor moved or placed on that particular line in detail view? I see cursor moved to packet number in packet list but how do we make sure corresponding matched line is highlighted in packet detail also?

Wireshark does not do that at this time. It does, however, work in most cases if you search for a string in the packet bytes. You can open a bug (marked as an enhancement request) at https://bugs.wireshark.org/ to ask that someone implement this feature when they get a chance.

Steve