Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Promiscuous mode on MacBook Pro
From: Stephen Fisher <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 2010 15:46:14 -0700
On Jan 6, 2010, at 1:58 PM, Daniel Briley wrote:

I'm attempting to use Wireshark to monitor WiFi traffic between my mobile phone and my local WiFi network.
Unfortunately, capturing on wireless interfaces is not as straight-
forward as it could be on various operating systems.  See this Wiki
entry about doing it on MacOS X:
  http://wiki.wireshark.org/CaptureSetup/WLAN#head-fe6786f4f3a29c58b50f7fc95ac79c67c2507e9c

On my 10.5.8 machine, I can choose "802.11," "802.11 plus BSD radio information header" or "802.11 plus AVS radio information header" with the system supplied version of libpcap (0.9.5).

Steve