Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] Encrypted Alert

From: "Sheahan, John" <John.Sheahan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 4 Jan 2010 18:22:38 -0500

I am troubleshooting some SSL conversations for an intermittent error that occurs very randomly. At this point, I don't have anything to go by except a trace which is supposed to have been taken during the event.

As I'm looking through the trace, the only thing that comes up in the Expert is a few retransmissions here and there but each of these TCP sessions appear to recover so I don't believe that is the problem that is being reported.

However, I do see an "Encrypted Alert" message just before the TCP sessions FINs out....is this something to be concerned about?

thanks

John