Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] TAP interface

From: spiffy pickle <spiffypickle@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 2009 09:05:47 -0500
Hello everyone,
  I'm looking to create a TAP interface for tshark to carve out specific information over several application layer protocols. Processing the tshark output via python is not working quite as well as hoped.
On to the questions:
Do you have to recompile all of tshark/Wireshark every time you modify the tap source code? I realize you'll have to recompile after the tap interface has been added to the dissector source file. Also, how is the new python API to the tap interface coming along? I haven't had time to dig into it yet, does anyone have any suggestions or can share anything? Any help would be much appreciated :-)

- Harley