Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] RS232 PPP sniffing

From: Paul Archer <ptarcher@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 2009 09:50:20 +1100
Hi all,

I am trying to sniff a PPP session between a modem and a micro-controller.

A setup diagram would look like this.

micro-controller ( PPP ) -> Modem -> Receiver (PPP)
                                   ^

                                 RS232 Sniffing

I have had a look on the mailing list for other people trying to do
the same thing in the last year, but all are trying to just debug a
PPP session between a micro-controller and a PC over a serial port. I
would like to sniff a ppp session between two other computers.

The closest reference that I came across in the mailing list is
http://www.wireshark.org/lists/wireshark-users/200805/msg00029.html
which mentions capturing the PPP session and then de-framing and
un-escaping then placing the captured output into a LibpcapFileFormat.

I am wondering if anyone has done something similar or if someone
already has program to convert from PPP raw data -> LibpcapFile.

--
----
Regards