Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] TCP sequence number

From: Ian Schorr <ian.schorr@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2009 16:44:26 +1100
Rayne, this is a feature called "Relative sequence numbers", intended to make reading and comparing TCP sequence numbers a little easier.  To turn this feature off, uncheck Preferences->Protocols->TCP->Relative sequence numbers and window scaling.

In many cases (most of the time for me), you don't really care what the REAL sequence number is.  You just need to know how how the value of the sequence number in one packet relates to another.