Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Error when saving to multiple files

From: Jaap Keuter <jaap.keuter@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2009 08:12:46 +0100
Hi,

Just to be clear: this is effectively killing all protection of your home directory, not a safe thing.

The way to go is for option 2 "sudo chmod +s /usr/bin/dumpcap"
And then use /home/<username>/test.cap to write your own files in your own home directory.

Thanks,
Jaap

Nicole Powell wrote:

I actually had to do 'chmod 777 <dir>' but it works great now. Thanks!