Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Wireshark MacBook Air USB Help

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 9 Dec 2009 09:41:09 -0800

On Dec 8, 2009, at 12:04 PM, John C wrote:

I just installed Wireshark 1.2.4 on my MacBook Air, and I need some
assitance in getting the USB Ethernet Interface to be recognized to do
captures from. Does anyone know how to get the USB ethernet interface
to show up in the selectable capture interface list so you can get
ethernet captures from the USB interface ?

Do any other interfaces, such as the AirPort interface, show up in the list?

Did you start running Wireshark *after* plugging the USB interface in?

If so, and if the USB interface doesn't show up, what happens if you run "ifconfig -a" in Terminal? Does it show the USB interface? If so, what name does the USB interface have?