Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] Number of connections to host IP address?

From: dkraut <dkraut@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 3 Dec 2009 14:58:57 -0500
I've been asked to find out if Wireshark has the ability to determine the active number of connections at a given time?  For example, If I perform a capture of all traffic to/from our DB server from 3pm to 4pm, is there anyway to tell how many active connections there were to the DB IP address at 3pm, 3:15pm, 3:30pm, etc.?

The problem we're trying to solve here is that there appear to be far too many connections to this server at certain times during the day and the server admins believe that someone is attacking the server in someway and have asked me to investigate for any anomalies

Thanks!